DATA PROTECTION AND COOKIES POLICY for King’s College, The British School of Latvia
Corporate Name: King’s College Latvia SIA
Commercial Name: King’s College, the British School of Latvia
Address: Rūpnieku street 8, Piņķi, Babītes Municipality, Babītes Region, Latvia
Resgitration No: 40103917732
Telephone: +34 34 913 598 800
Fax: +34 918 036 557
registered in the Commercial Register of Company Registry in Latvia.
In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data Protection Law, King’s College Latvia SIA informs all website users who supply or are going to supply the personal data (the “User”) that the personal data will be incorporated into an automated file owned by King’s College Latvia SIA and the processing of personal data will be duly carried out in compliance with the applicable laws. The pages within the domain name www.kingscollege.lv are to be considered as the website (the “Website”) for the purposes of this policy.
The personal data means all and any information that identifies a User and which is submitted and collected regarding a User within the Website and/or that identifies, is submitted and collected regarding any other natural person regarding whom a User has provided such information within the Website (the “Personal data”).
King’s College Latvia SIA does not knowingly collect or solicit the Personal data from persons under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Website for the purposes to provide the Personal data. If a User is under the age of 18 it is required to not attempt to register on the Web-site or provided King’s College Latvia SIA with any Personal data.
The User, by using the Website and providing the Personal data, specifically and freely accepts that the Personal data will be processed by King’s College Latvia SIA and/or its related persons and/or contractors according to the terms and conditions set forth by this Data Protection and Cookies Policy in order to carry out the following purposes:
- To identify Users in order to respond to received enquiries and questions submitted within the Website, including those related to the applications for places at King’s College, the British School of Latvia.
- To process orders, requests or any other type of petition, which are completed by the User through any course of contact. These are made available to the User through the company web site.
- To carry out statistical surveys.
- To send commercial communications if previously authorised by User by ticking a specified box. Commercial communications will include: newsletters and notices from the webpage, referral of commercial advertisements through e-mail, fax, SMS, MMS, social communities or any other electronic or physical means, present or future, which enables commercial communication.
These commercial communications will be about products or services offered by the King’s College Latvia SIA and other companies which belong to King’s Group, as well as by collaborators or partners with whom agreements have been reached regarding commercial promotion among clients. In this case, the third parties will never be able to gain access to the Personal data. In all cases, commercial communications will be carried out by King’s College Latvia SIA and the products and services will link with the King’s College Latvia SIA’s sector.
- To authenticate the User in order to control User’s access to specific parts and/or information within the Website.
The Personal data is transferred and disclosed to:
King’s Education SL., CIF / NIF: B/86161262 (with the commercial name: King’s Group),
address: Avda. Pío XII, 92,
telephone: +34 913 598 800
fax: +34 913 529 767
King’s Education SL will process the Personal data on the behalf of and according to the instructions of King’s College Latvia SIA for the same purposes mentioned herein.
All Personal data which is specifically asked for through the Website is mandatory. This Personal data is required to provide an optimal service to the User. In the case where the solicited Personal data is not made available, King’s College Latvia SIA cannot guarantee that the information and services required by the User will be tailored to individual needs.
King’s College Latvia SIA guarantees that in every case, the User has rights of access, amend, cancellation, information and opposition, in the terms set out by the current legislation. Therefore, in accordance with the provisions of Personal Data Protection Law, the Users will be able to exercise their rights by sending a specific request, along with the sufficient information necessary to identify the User, through the following means:
Postal Address: Rūpnieku street 8, Piņķi, Babītes Municipality, Babītes Region, Latvia
Similarly, the User will be able to unsubscribe from the reception of commercial communications by clicking in the unsubscribe section found in all e-mails sent on behalf of King’s College Latvia SIA.
King’s College Latvia SIA has adopted all necessary technical and organizational means in order to guarantee the security and integrity of Personal data that is concerned, as well as to avoid the loss, alteration and/or access of unauthorised third parties.
What is a cookie?
Purpose of cookies
Using cookies, it is possible for the server hosting the Website to recognize the browser being used in order to facilitate navigation; allowing, for example, Users who have registered previously to access areas, services, promotions or competitions reserved exclusively for them without having to register each time. They are also used to measure the audience and traffic parameters, monitor progress and the number of entries.
The User has the possibility to configure their browser in order to be shown when cookies are being used and to prevent their installation on their computer. Please consult the browser’s instructions and user manuals to find out more information.
In order to use the Website, the User does not have to allow the installation of cookies sent by the Website, or third parties which act on its behalf. Nevertheless, it is necessary for the User to log-in to every service which requires prior registration or log-in details.
Types of cookies
The cookies used in this Website are all temporary, with the sole purpose of making future transmission more efficient. In no case will the cookies be used in order to collect the Personal data.
The cookies used are:
– Analytical cookies (Google Analytics): These allow monitoring and analysis of the User’s behaviour in order to make improvements based on his or her usage of the Website and services. As stated by Google, Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool provided by Google that primarily allows Website owners to know how Users interact with the Website. It also enables cookies in the domain of the Website being viewed and uses a set of cookies called ” __utma ” and ” __utmz ” to collect anonymous information and report on Website trends without identifying individual users.
More information on Google Analytics at:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage -Technical cookies: They allow the User to browse through the Website and use its various options or services.
– Plug-in cookies: these cookies are used to share social content. Social networks store and access this type of cookies in the User’s terminal equipment, allowing the social network to identify its members as they interact with the plug-ins.
– Multimedia player cookies: They store technical data, necessary to play video or audio content, maintaining an adequate connection speed, image quality and buffering parameters.
Opting out of cookies
Users can disable cookies on their terminal by configuring their browser, but this will entail a less satisfactory browsing experience that may even be defective. For more information on disabling cookies visit:
The Website servers will automatically be able to detect the IP Address and domain name used by the User. An IP Address is a number which is automatically assigned to a computer when it connects to the Internet. All of this information is collected in a file about server activity that allows subsequent processing of data; with the aim to collect statistical measurements only, which show the number of printed pages, the number of visits to web services, the reasons of the visit, the point of access, etc.
The Website uses information security technologies which are accepted throughout the industry, such as Fire Walls, methods to control access and cryptic mechanisms. All of these have the objective of preventing unauthorised access to the Personal data and /or unauthorised usage of Website. In order to carry out these purposes, the User accepts that the King’s College Latvia SIA collects the Personal data and other information within the Website for purposes of authentication of the User for access control to specific parts and/or information within the Website.
Updates of the Data Protection and Cookies Policy
This Policy may be modified or updated either due to changes in the applicable laws or in order to cover new developments in internet or the practice of King’s College Latvia SIA. If there will be changes to this Policy, an updated version of this Policy will reflect them and we will notify You of such changes by updating the effective date of this Policy. Therefore the User has to visit this page of Website regularly as these changes may affect the User as a visitor and/or a user of Website.
Effective from: May 2016